This qualification provides you with the skills and knowledge to work in a variety of information and communications technology (ICT) roles with established specialised skills in a technical ICT function. Graduates in these roles carry out moderately complex tasks in a specialist field, working independently, as part of a team or leading a deliverable with others. They may apply their skills across a wide range of industries, business functions and departments, or as a business owner (sole trader/contractor).
You will study Information Technology topics and case studies as they apply to different Australian industries. There will be immersive hands-on practical work, using critical IT problem-solving skills, research, consultation, and collaborating with diverse teams.
- BSBCRT512 Originate and develop concepts
- BSBXCS402 Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
- BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team
- ICTICT517 Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organization
- ICTICT532 Apply IP, ethics, and privacy policies in ICT environments
- ICTSAS527 Manage client problems
- ICTICT519 Develop detailed component specifications from project specifications
- ICTNPL413 Evaluate networking regulations and legislation for the telecommunications industry
- ICTNWK423 Manage network and data integrity
- ICTNWK541 Configure, verify and troubleshoot WAN links and IP services
- ICTPMG505 Manage ICT projects
- ICTTEN519 Design network building projects
- ICTNWK536 Plan, implement, and test enterprise communication solutions
- ICTNWK540 Design, build, and test network servers
- ICTNWK546 Manage network security
- ICTICT518 Research and review hardware technology options for organizations
- ICTNWK556 Identify and resolve network problems
- ICTICT435 Create technical documentation
- ICTNWK537 Implement secure encryption technologies
- ICTICT522 Evaluate vendor products and equipment
- The age range of the learner is a minimum of 18 years of age English Language/Literacy/Numeracy requirements.
- All students are required to undertake a language, literacy, and numeracy (LLN) test mapped at ACSF level 3+ conducted by Melbourne Metropolitan College (MMC).
- All students will undertake a pre-training review to identify their training needs through questions on previous education or training, basic computing skills, and interviews conducted by MMC enrolment officer.
- Either a minimum IELTS (academic or general version) test score of 5.5 or equivalent for direct entry into this VET course. Note that IELTS results older than two years are not acceptable.
- OR, Evidence that they have studied in English for at least five years in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the blic of Ireland,South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- OR, Evidence that, within two years of their application date, they have successfully completed in Australia a foundation course or a senior secondary certificate of education or a substantial part of a Certificate II or higher-level qualification, from the Australian Qualifications Framework.
- OR, For some specific countries, students must do an English placement test with the college to be able to start their program.
Please Note: MMC will also accept equivalent test results from the following specified English language tests – TOEFL iBT, PTE Academic, and Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE). Specific academic requirements International students applying for Diploma level either off-shore or on-shore will need satisfactory completion of the equivalent of Australian Year 12 OR Certificate IV or higher qualification.
- Tuition Fee = $13,900 AUD
- Material Fees = $300 AUD
- Enrolment Fees = $300 AUD
- Total Fees = $14,500 AUD
- ICT Operations Administrator,
- Network E-Business Coordinator,
- Network Operations Analyst,
- Network Security Coordinator,
- Cybersecurity Officer
- Cybersecurity Consultant
Why Study with Melbourne Metropolitan College?
WE ARE NATIONALLY RECOGNISED
We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that aims to deliver nationally accredited vocational education and training (VET) across Australia with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
WE ENSURE OUTSTANDING ADMIN SUPPORT
Our expert team of admins will help you overcome your hurdles and reach your academic goals ensuring personal growth.
QUALITY EDUCATION WITH JOB PLACEMENT
Our students are our first priority, and we work hard to give them the best services and excellent education so they can advance in a variety of sectors of expertise and develop to avail exciting job placements in Australia.
LEARN FROM EXPERT TRAINERS
Build your career with our dynamic, skilled and qualified trainers with hands-on experience learning opportunity
AFFORDABLE COURSE FEES AND FLEXIBLE LEARNING OPTIONS
Adjust your times tables according to your preference for better learning opportunities and acquire quality education at competitive fees.
GET JOB READY
Our trainers provide an adaptive learning environment with real-life workplace experience to prepare our students for the professional industry.