This certification reflects the function of a person who helps professional engineers by working as a senior civil works designer or para-professional designer. You can work on a variety of residential and commercial building projects with the skills and knowledge you gain from this civil and structural engineering design degree. You will learn about civil engineering and develop your talents in this area.
This course involves a combination of various learning activities such as: case studies, project assessments, research work, knowledge assessment, and computer-aided design. By completing this course you will gain skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Manage the scope, quality, and procurement of a project
- Manage the risks of a program
- Manage team effectively
- Application of safe design principles to control WHS risks
- Manage the civil works design process
- Design of motorways and interchanges
- Preparation of detailed traffic analysis
- Establish and maintain a quality system
- Produce basic drawings by using computer-aided design system
- BSBWHS616 Apply safe design principles to control WHS risks
- BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
- RIICWD601E Manage the civil works design processs
- RIIQUA601E Establish and maintain a quality system
- BSBPMG632 Manage program risk
- BSBPMG530 Manage project scope
- RIILAT402E Provide leadership in the supervision of diverse work teams
- BSBOPS601 Develop and implement business plans
- RIICWD507D Prepare detailed geotechnical design
- RIICWD533E Prepare detailed design of civil concrete structures
- BSBPMG533 Manage project cost
- BSBPMG535 Manage Project Information and Communication
- Must demonstrate satisfactory completion of the equivalent of Australian Year 12 or certificate IV or higher qualification
- Must submit accredited English test results from the past 2 years (ex: IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge English, PTE, or OET) With a minimum IELTS test score of 5.5
- Students are required to have intermediate computing skills
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Tuition Fee = $29,400 AUD
- Material Fees = $300 AUD
- Enrolment Fees = $300 AUD
- Total Fees = $30,000 AUD
- Construction Supervisor
- Civil Design Draftsperson
- Senior Civil Works Design
Why Study with Melbourne Metropolitan College?
WE ARE NATIONALLY RECOGNISED
We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that aims to deliver nationally accredited vocational education and training (VET) across Australia with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
WE ENSURE OUTSTANDING ADMIN SUPPORT
Our expert team of admins will help you overcome your hurdles and reach your academic goals ensuring personal growth.
QUALITY EDUCATION WITH JOB PLACEMENT
Our students are our first priority, and we work hard to give them the best services and excellent education so they can advance in a variety of sectors of expertise and develop to avail exciting job placements in Australia.
LEARN FROM EXPERT TRAINERS
Build your career with our dynamic, skilled and qualified trainers with hands-on experience learning opportunity
AFFORDABLE COURSE FEES AND FLEXIBLE LEARNING OPTIONS
Adjust your times tables according to your preference for better learning opportunities and acquire quality education at competitive fees.
GET JOB READY
Our trainers provide an adaptive learning environment with real-life workplace experience to prepare our students for the professional industry.