Diploma of Automotive Technology graduates will develop the skills that will enable them to diagnose, evaluate, analyze, design, and modify a range of vehicle, automotive electrical, and mechanical systems in the automotive service, repair, and retail industry. The course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to solve complex automotive issues. Give an in-depth understanding of the electrical and electronic faults of the machine, engine, and fuel, while developing the expertise to maintain automobile and vehicle safety.
AURAFA007 Develop and Document specifications and procedures
- AURAFA006 Conduct research and present technical reports
- AURETA002 Analyse and evaluate electrical and faults in body management systems
- AURETA003 Analyse and evaluate electrical and electronic faults in monitoring and protection systems
- AURTTA022 Develop and apply mechanical system modifications
- AURETE001 Analyse and evaluate electrical and electronic faults in engine management systems
- AURETR034 Develop and apply electrical system modifications
- AURLTD007 Analyse and evaluate faults in light vehicle steering and suspension systems
- AURLTE003 Analyse and evaluate faults in light vehicle engine and fuel systems
- AURLTQ003 Analyse and evaluate faults in light vehicle transmission and driveline systems
- AURATA005 Estimate and quote automotive mechanical and electrical repairs
- AURAMA005 Manage complex customer issues in an automotive workplace.
- The age range of the learner is a minimum of 18 years of age English Language/Literacy/Numeracy requirements.
- All students are required to undertake a language, literacy, and numeracy (LLN) test mapped at ACSF level 3+ conducted by Melbourne Metropolitan College (MMC)
- All students will undertake a pre-training review to identify their training needs through questions on previous education or training, basic computing skills, and interviews conducted by MMC enrolment officer.
- Either a minimum IELTS (academic or general version) test score of 5.5 or equivalent for direct entry into this VET course. Note that IELTS results older than two years are not acceptable.
- OR, Evidence that they have studied in English for at least five years in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the blic of Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- OR, Evidence that, within two years of their application date, they have successfully completed in Australia a foundation course or a senior secondary certificate of education or a substantial part of a Certificate II or higher-level qualification, from the Australian Qualifications Framework.
- OR, For some specific countries, students must do an English placement test with the college to be able to start their program.
Please Note: MMC will also accept equivalent test results from the following specified English language tests – TOEFL iBT, PTE Academic, and Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE). Specific academic requirements Satisfactorily completed year 12 (Higher Secondary School or equivalent) level of studies OR Those undertaking the Diploma of Automotive Technology MUST have completed an automotive Certificate IV qualification in one of the following disciplines, OR Be able to demonstrate equivalent competency.
The AUR50216 Diploma Of Automotive Technology involves classroom-based learning, trainer supported tutorials, self-paced activities, and assessment. Students attend scheduled structured training for a minimum 20 hours per week
- Tuition Fee = $7,200 AUD
- Mechanical Diagnosis
- Automotive Mechanical Overhauling
- Vehicle Loss
- Assessing or Automotive Management
Why Study with Melbourne Metropolitan College?
WE ARE NATIONALLY RECOGNISED
We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that aims to deliver nationally accredited vocational education and training (VET) across Australia with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
WE ENSURE OUTSTANDING ADMIN SUPPORT
Our expert team of admins will help you overcome your hurdles and reach your academic goals ensuring personal growth.
QUALITY EDUCATION WITH JOB PLACEMENT
Our students are our first priority, and we work hard to give them the best services and excellent education so they can advance in a variety of sectors of expertise and develop to avail exciting job placements in Australia.
LEARN FROM EXPERT TRAINERS
Build your career with our dynamic, skilled and qualified trainers with hands-on experience learning opportunity
AFFORDABLE COURSE FEES AND FLEXIBLE LEARNING OPTIONS
Adjust your times tables according to your preference for better learning opportunities and acquire quality education at competitive fees.
GET JOB READY
Our trainers provide an adaptive learning environment with real-life workplace experience to prepare our students for the professional industry.