Certificate IV In Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis graduates will have the skills to perform advanced diagnostic tasks in the automotive electrical and mechanical systems in the automotive retail, service, and repair industry. Candidates will gain the knowledge and skills to diagnose complex system faults catering to light vehicles.
Students of this course will learn about the complex faults in the braking systems, steering and suspension, transmission and driveline, and how to communicate effectively in the automotive workplace to name a few.
This course covers the skill required to perform advanced diagnostic repairs on light vehicles. Your knowledge will be expanded so that you can diagnose complex faults in petrol engines, electronic spark-ignition engine management systems, braking systems, and test engines.
- AURTTA021 Diagnose complex system faults
- AURETR037 Diagnose complex electrical and electronic faults in light vehicle safety systems
- AURETU106 Diagnose complex faults in air conditioning and HVAC systems
- AURLTB104 Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle braking systems
- AURLTD109 Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle steering and suspension systems
- AURLTE104 Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle petrol engines
- AURLTE105 Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle diesel engines systems
- AURLTX104 Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle transmission and driveline systems
- ALJRAFA103 Communicate effectively in an automotive workplace
- AURTTF105 Diagnose and repair engine forced induction systems
- The age range of the learner is a minimum of 18 years of age English Language/Literacy/Numeracy requirements.
- All students are required to undertake a language, literacy, and numeracy (LLN) test mapped at ACSF level 3+ conducted by Melbourne Metropolitan College (MMC)
- All students will undertake a pre-training review to identify their training needs through questions on previous education or training, basic computing skills, and interviews conducted by MMC enrolment officer.
- Either a minimum IELTS (academic or general version) test score of 5.5 or equivalent for direct entry into this VET course. Note that IELTS results older than two years are not acceptable.
- OR, Evidence that they have studied in English for at least five years in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the blic of Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- OR, Evidence that, within two years of their application date, they have successfully completed in Australia a foundation course or a senior secondary certificate of education or a substantial part of a Certificate II or higher-level qualification, from the Australian Qualifications Framework.
- OR, For some specific countries, students must do an English placement test with the college to be able to start their program.
Please Note: MMC will also accept equivalent test results from the following specified English language tests – TOEFL iBT, PTE Academic, and Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE). Specific academic requirements Satisfactorily completed year 12 (Higher Secondary School or equivalent) level of studies Those undertaking Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis MUST have completed an automotive mechanical Certificate III qualification, OR Be able to demonstrate equivalent competency.
AUR40216 Certificate IV In Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis involves classroom-based learning, trainer supported tutorials, self-paced activities, and assessment. Students attend scheduled structured training for a minimum 20 hours per week.
- Tuition Fee = $7,200 AUD
- Motor mechanic, automotive lead or master technician
- Automotive technical adviser
Why Study with Melbourne Metropolitan College?
WE ARE NATIONALLY RECOGNISED
We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that aims to deliver nationally accredited vocational education and training (VET) across Australia with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
WE ENSURE OUTSTANDING ADMIN SUPPORT
Our expert team of admins will help you overcome your hurdles and reach your academic goals ensuring personal growth.
QUALITY EDUCATION WITH JOB PLACEMENT
Our students are our first priority, and we work hard to give them the best services and excellent education so they can advance in a variety of sectors of expertise and develop to avail exciting job placements in Australia.
LEARN FROM EXPERT TRAINERS
Build your career with our dynamic, skilled and qualified trainers with hands-on experience learning opportunity
AFFORDABLE COURSE FEES AND FLEXIBLE LEARNING OPTIONS
Adjust your times tables according to your preference for better learning opportunities and acquire quality education at competitive fees.
GET JOB READY
Our trainers provide an adaptive learning environment with real-life workplace experience to prepare our students for the professional industry.