Why Should You Learn English As A Second Language
Choosing another language to learn can be a difficult decision since there are so many languages out there. It is essential that you select a language that will help you to gain mileage and enhance your career opportunities. One such language that helps in widening different opportunities is English. While it is true that you have to invest both time and money to learn English properly, it is also vital that you learn it from native English speakers. One of the best places to learn English is in Australia and here are five reasons why you should invest time and money to learn the language.
- Widely Spoken Language: Like Australia, English is spoken across several countries in the world. It has been estimated that out of 196 countries, 60 of them has English as their official language and used by most foreign speakers. So when you are travelling abroad, it is one of the most used languages that can help you to communicate. This will warrant that you understand the tradition and culture of that place without much hindrance.
- Opens Up Different Opportunities: Since the language is widely used, knowing English as a native will help you in gaining employment and study across many countries. It will also open up various other opportunities like knowing about different cultures, developments around the world, and so on.
- A Language With Greatest Literary Works: English is one such language that is quite rich in its heritage. The language can boast of producing the greatest literary works from Shakespeare to J.K. Rowling. Some of the best poems, plays, novels, and short stories are written in English. The ability to learn to read, write, speak, and understand the language opens up a boundless scope to appreciate these works
- Enjoy The Pop Culture: In recent times, when almost every aspect of life is being moved to the digital platform and with the constant rise of social media, knowing English is becoming more important. The reason being over 50 percent of the current web pages are written in English. Without the knowledge of the language, you will be missing out on influencers who rules the world of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat. You will also face a problem using online shopping websites and difficulty in buying your favorite items. By gaining knowledge of the language, you can enjoy the latest Hollywood blockbusters, the famous songs. Basically, by knowing the language you can enjoy a list of trending items in the market of pop culture.
- Make Life-Long Friends: Students who come to Australia to study English not only get to learn the language but enjoy the process too. While starting with the basics like saying Hello to asking for a coffee, studying the language become fun because it is never a lonely experience. There will be many who will join you to study and learn English. Together you learn and build a friendship that lasts a lifetime.
So next time, when you think English is too difficult to study while knowing it would be beneficial for you, do not step back. Look for Melbourne Metropolitan College in Australia to learn English from native speakers.