BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management
CRICOS Code: 03783F
Total Course Duration: 58 Weeks
Study Period: 48 Weeks (20 hours of scheduled classes every week) Holidays: 10 weeks
Tuition Fees: 8000 Resource Fees: $300
Intake Dates: Please contact MMC for intake dates
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources
Achievement of Diploma of Leadership and Management demonstrates skills to be a motivating leader that gets the able to attract and retain the best talent to achieve business goals and build competitive advantage in today’s commercial landscape. It offers graduates varied entry level opportunities depending on the size of the business. Positions may include but not limited to:
- Branch manager
- Department manager
- Product manager
- Service manager
- Business manager
- Human resources officer
- Office manager
- Department leader
This qualification has no pre-requisites.
Although there are no barriers to entry based on age (other than post school students over 18), gender, social or educational background. Potential students will:
- Students are required to bring their laptop or tablet to participate in this
- Be technology savvy to undertake the practical application of the online learning and assessment.
- Have foundation skills at a minimum of Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) level 3 listed
Where students cannot demonstrate the required English language skills the Training Manager will recommend students enrol in an appropriate English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) at their own cost to develop their foundations skills and English level to IELTS 5.5
Prior to enrolment in the Diploma of Leadership and Management applicants, must provide evidence showing:
- International students must be at least 18 years of age at the time of their course commencement at the college
- Minimum IELTS overall band of 5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 5.0; or TOEFL iBT (internet-based) minimum score of 65 with no band less than 15; or Pearson (PTE) 42 (no communicative skills less than 36); or Any other equivalent assessment of English language proficiency
Results older than 2 years are not acceptable. OR
- Evidence that, within two years of their application date, they have successfully completed in Australia a foundation courses or a senior secondary certificate of education or a substantial part of a Certificate IV or higher level qualification, from the Australian Qualifications Framework.
- For levels 1 and 2 students only, successful completion of MMC Language and Numeracy Test conducted on MMC (for onshore international students )
- International students applying for a Diploma level course will need to provide evidence of satisfactory completion of Australian Year 11 (or equivalent) or certificate IV or
*Determination of equivalency can be made via the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Pages/vce/vcerecognition/equiquals/equiv-yr11.aspx
Mode of Delivery
The course is delivered face-to-face in a classroom and incorporates a simulated workplace environment and access to fully equipped training facilities at our campus on Level 2, 335 Flinders Lane, Melbourne. All units are delivered as stand-alone units delivery. Assessment methods may include projects, reports, written tests, observations, role-play and questions and answers.
To achieve this qualification, students must demonstrate competency in 12 units of competency. There are 8 elective units and 4 core unit.
|Unit Code||Unit Name||Core/Elective|
|BSBLDR511||Develop and use emotional intelligence||Core|
|BSBMGT517||Manage operational plan||Core|
|BSBLDR502||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships||Core|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness||Core|
|BSBWHS501||Design and develop complex text documents||Elective|
|BSBMGT516||Facilitate continuous improvement||Elective|
The above units of competency have been meticulously selected in consultation with industry experts to ensure students receive a thorough understanding of the current business needs and practices used in the industry and satisfy industry demand.