BSB51918 DIPLOMA OF LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
(CRICOS Course Code: 0100655)
Diploma Of Leadership And Management Course Description
This qualification is at AQF Level 5, described in the Australian Qualifications Framework as the following.
Graduates at this level will have specialised knowledge and skills for skilled/paraprofessional work and/or further learning.
Graduates at this level will have technical and theoretical knowledge in a specific area or a broad field of work and learning.
Graduates at this level will have a broad range of cognitive, technical and communication skills to select and apply methods and technologies to:
- analyse information to complete a range of activities
- provide and transmit solutions to sometimes complex problems
- transmit information and skills to others
Graduates at this level will apply knowledge and skills to demonstrate autonomy, judgement and defined knowledge responsibility in known or changing contexts and within broad but established parameters.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
Achievement of Diploma of Leadership and Management demonstrates skills to be a motivating leader that gets the able to attract and retain the best talent to achieve business goals and build competitive advantage in today’s commercial landscape. It offers graduates varied entry level opportunities depending on the size of the business. Positions may include but not limited to:
- Branch manager
- Department manager
- Product manager
- Service manager
- Business manager
- Human resources officer
- Office manager
- Department leader
|BSBLDR511||Develop and use emotional intelligence||Core|
|BSBMGT517||Manage operational plan||Core|
|BSBLDR502||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships||Core|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness||Core|
|BSBWHS501||Ensure a safe workplace||Elective|
|BSBMGT516||Facilitate continuous improvement||Elective|
|BSBMGT502||Manage people performance||Elective|
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development||Elective|
|BSBLED501||Develop a workplace learning environment||Elective|
|BSBHRM513||Manage workforce planning||Elective|
|BSBHRM501||Manage human resource services||Elective|
Human resources officer
- Although there are no barriers to entry based on age (other than post school students over 18), gender, social or educational background. Potential students will: Students are required to bring their laptop or tablet to participate in this course. Be technology savvy to undertake the practical application of the online learning and assessment. Have foundation skills at a minimum of Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) level 3 listed Where students cannot demonstrate the required English language skills the Training Manager will recommend students enrol in an appropriate English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) at their own cost to develop their foundations skills and English level to IELTS 5.5
- The duration of the program is 58 weeks broken down into 50 weeks of delivery, and 8 weeks of holidays. 50 weeks of training delivery (13 hours per week over 2 days) and structured tutorial sessions (7 hours per week) plus 12 hours per week of self-paced activities and completing the assessments.
- The BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management involves classroom-based learning, trainer supported tutorials, self-paced activities and assessment. Students attend scheduled structured training for a minimum 20 hours per week.
- Students dedicate 12 hours per week to home study where they complete research, work through student guides and read the relevant chapters of their textbook and finalise assessments.
- Level 2, 335 Flinders Lane, Melbourne