The Advanced Diploma of Information Technology (Telecommunications Network Engineering) provides high-level information and communications technology (ICT), process improvement, and business skills and knowledge to enable an individual to be effective in senior ICT roles within organisations. The qualification builds on a core of management competencies, specialist, and general skills in the telecommunications industry.
Skills as a technical specialist with knowledge in telecommunications and information technology networks using internet protocol (IP) systems.
Skills to forecast network growth for enterprise network planning and to design and manage IP based network telecommunications equipment. Technical specialists to implement convergence technologies in enterprise telecommunications networks
- BSBCRT611 Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving
- BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
- BSBXCS402 Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
- ICTICT608 Interact with clients on a business level
- ICTICT618 Manage IP, ethics and privacy in ICT environments
- ICTSAD609 Plan and monitor business analysis activities in an ICT environment
- ICTNPL413 Evaluate networking regulations and legislation for the telecommunications industry
- ICTNWK612 Plan and manage troubleshooting advanced integrated IP networks
- ICTPMG613 Manage ICT project planning
- ICTTEN615 Manage network traffic
- ICTTEN622 Produce ICT network architecture designs
- ICTICT522 Evaluate vendor products and equipment
- ICTNWK537 Implement secure encryption technologies
- ICTNWK540 Design, build and test network servers
- ICTNWK546 Manage network security
- ICTNWK556 Identify and resolve network problems
Although there are no barriers to entry based on age (other than post school students over 18), gender, social or educational background. Potential students will:
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must demonstrate satisfactory completion of studies in applicant’s home country equivalent to an Australian Year 10 qualification
- Must submit accredited English test results from the past 2 years (ex: IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge English, PTE, or OET)
- Must hold a current Student Visa
- Tuition Fee = $15,900 AUD
- Material Fees = $300 AUD
- Enrolment Fees = $300 AUD
- Total Fees = $16,500 AUD
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Telecommunication specialist
- Telecommunications network manager
- IP based optical network designer
- Senior project manager
- Network security manager
Why Study with Melbourne Metropolitan College?
WE ARE NATIONALLY RECOGNISED
We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that aims to deliver nationally accredited vocational education and training (VET) across Australia with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
WE ENSURE OUTSTANDING ADMIN SUPPORT
Our expert team of admins will help you overcome your hurdles and reach your academic goals ensuring personal growth.
QUALITY EDUCATION WITH JOB PLACEMENT
Our students are our first priority, and we work hard to give them the best services and excellent education so they can advance in a variety of sectors of expertise and develop to avail exciting job placements in Australia.
LEARN FROM EXPERT TRAINERS
Build your career with our dynamic, skilled and qualified trainers with hands-on experience learning opportunity
AFFORDABLE COURSE FEES AND FLEXIBLE LEARNING OPTIONS
Adjust your times tables according to your preference for better learning opportunities and acquire quality education at competitive fees.
GET JOB READY
Our trainers provide an adaptive learning environment with real-life workplace experience to prepare our students for the professional industry.