This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
- Over 18 years old
- Minimum IELTS overall band of 5.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 5.0; or TOEFL iBT (internet-based) minimum score of 65 with no band less than 15; or Pearson (PTE) 42 (no communicative skills less than 36); or Any other equivalent assessment of English language proficiency
- Results older than 2 years are not acceptable.
- Evidence that, within two years of their application date, they have successfully completed in Australia a foundation courses or a senior secondary certificate of education or a substantial part of a Certificate IV or higher level qualification, from the Australian Qualifications Framework.
- For levels 1 and 2 students only, successful completion of MMC Language and Numeracy Test conducted on MMC (for onshore international students ONLY.)
- International students applying for a Diploma level course will need to provide evidence of satisfactory completion of Australian Year 11 (or equivalent) or certificate IV or higher *.
- Although there are no barriers to entry based on age (other than post school students over 18), gender, social or educational background. Potential students will:
- Students are required to bring their laptop or tablet to participate in this course.
- Be technology savvy to undertake the practical application of the online learning and assessment.
- Have foundation skills at a minimum of Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) level 3 listed
|Tuition Fees||Enrolment Fee||Resource Fee|
Please contact our friendly Student Support Officers and/or Authorised Education Agents for next intake dates.
The duration of the program is 58 weeks broken down into 48 weeks of delivery, and 10 weeks of holidays.
48 weeks of training delivery (13 hours per week over 2 days) and structured tutorial sessions (7 hours per week) plus 12 hours per week of self-paced activities and completing the assessments.
Level 2/335 Flinders Lane Melbourne VIC 3000
The BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management involves classroom-based learning, trainer supported tutorials, self-paced activities and assessment. Students attend scheduled structured training for a minimum 20 hours per week.
Students dedicate 12 hours per week to home study where they complete research, work through student guides and read the relevant chapters of their textbook and finalise assessments.
Students will need to complete the below units to achieve the full Qualification.
|Unit Code||Unit Title|
|BSBLDR501||Develop and use emotional intelligence|
|BSBMGT517||Manage operational plan|
|BSBLDR502||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness|
|BSBWHS501||Ensure a safe workplace|
|BSBMGT516||Facilitate continuous improvement|
|BSBMGT502||Manage people performance|
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development|
|BSBLED501||Develop a workplace learning environment|
|BSBHRM513||Manage workforce planning|
|BSBHRM501||Manage human resource services|
Achievement of Diploma of Leadership and Management demonstrates skills to be a motivating leader that gets the able to attract and retain the best talent to achieve business goals and build competitive advantage in today’s commercial landscape. It offers graduates varied entry level opportunities depending on the size of the business. Positions may include but not limited to:
- Branch manager
- Department manager
- Product manager
- Service manager
- Business manager
- Human resources officer
- Office manager
Graduates completing the Diploma of Leadership and Management may wish to extend their learning through higher education.
- Bachelor of Business
- Graduate Certificates
- Masters of Business Administration
Recognition of Prior Learning is available. Melbourne Metropolitan College offers students the opportunity to apply for RPL during the enrollment or after orientation.
Melbourne Metropolitan College has a streamlined RPL process to support the student to make a self-assessment of their skills, in preparation for an interview with an assessor. RPL may reduce the course duration.
Learners may apply for credit transfer. If a learner has successfully completed unit/s that have identified equivalence in content and learning outcomes between matched qualifications, then upon successful application, learner will be granted Credit Transfer of the unit/s and are not required to enrol or undertake the unit.