This qualification reflects the role of individuals working as administrators or project officers in their chosen industry.
As well as assuming responsibility for their own performance, individuals at this level may provide leadership, guidance and support to others.
Persons working at this level are required to have strong interpersonal and communication skills. Individuals use well-developed skills and a broad knowledge base to apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems and analyse information from a variety of sources.
- Over 18 years old
- Have attained a Year 10 in high school or the overseas equivalent*Minimum IELTS overall band of 5.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 5.0; or TOEFL iBT (internet-based) minimum score of 65 with no band less than 15; or Pearson (PTE) 42 (no communicative skills less than 36); or Any other equivalent assessment of English language proficiency
- Results older than 2 years are not acceptable.
- Evidence that, within two years of their application date, they have successfully completed in Australia a foundation courses or a senior secondary certificate of education or a substantial part of a Certificate III or higher level qualification, from the Australian Qualifications Framework.
- For levels 1 and 2 students only, successful completion of MMC Language and Numeracy Test conducted on MMC (for onshore international students ONLY.)
- Although there are no barriers to entry based on age (other than post school students over 18), gender, social or educational background. Potential students will:
- Students are required to bring their laptop or tablet to participate in this course.
- Be technology savvy to undertake the practical application of the online learning and assessment.
- Have foundation skills at a minimum of Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) level 3 listed
|Tuition Fees||Enrolment Fee||Resource Fee|
Please contact our friendly Student Support Officers and/or Authorised Education Agents for next intake dates.
The duration of the program is 34 weeks broken down into 30 weeks of delivery, and 4 weeks of holidays.
30 weeks of training delivery (13 hours per week over 2 days) and structured tutorial sessions (7 hours per week) plus 12 hours per week of self-paced activities and completing the assessments.
The BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business involves classroom-based learning, trainer supported tutorials, self-paced activities and assessment. Students attend scheduled structured training for a minimum 20 hours per week.
Students dedicate 12 hours per week to home study where they complete research, work through student guides and read the relevant chapters of their textbook and finalise assessments.
Students will need to complete the below units to achieve the full Qualification.
|Unit Code||Unit Title|
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements|
|BSBLED401||Develop teams and individuals|
|BSBINN301||Promote innovation in a team environment|
|BSBCUS401||Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies|
|BSBITU401||Design and develop complex text documents|
|BSBWOR404||Develop work priorities|
|BSBMGT401||Show leadership in the workplace|
|BSBWOR403||Manage stress in the workplace|
|BSBITU306||Design and produce business documents|
Graduates of this qualification will be equipped with a broad skill set that can be applied to a variety of administrator roles, including but not limited to:
- Client administrator
- Administration coordinator
- Personal/executive assistant
- Project officer
Graduates completing the Certificate IV in Business may wish to extend their learning through further education.
- Diploma of Business
- Diploma of Leadership and Management
Recognition of Prior Learning is available. Melbourne Metropolitan College offers students the opportunity to apply for RPL during the enrollment or after orientation.
Melbourne Metropolitan College has a streamlined RPL process to support the student to make a self-assessment of their skills, in preparation for an interview with an assessor. RPL may reduce the course duration.
Learners may apply for credit transfer. If a learner has successfully completed unit/s that have identified equivalence in content and learning outcomes between matched qualifications, then upon successful application, learner will be granted Credit Transfer of the unit/s and are not required to enrol or undertake the unit.